Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Great Adventure Continues

So yesterday Bradford the Basset Hound romped (still visiting new friends in Kentucky) in snow for the first time.  The romp was perhaps a bit ungainly since he sank into the snow up to his belly but nevertheless a romp is a romp.  All great adventures, of course, eventually end and this evening the cross country chapter of his adventure will conclude with, naturally, Bradford entering his new home perhaps hours before his humans arrive.  Such is the life of a dog.
Meanwhile I look forward to beginning the next Maisie Dobbs book which I've been saving for just this occasion.  The picture of discipline, I will read that book next in spite of the fact that a friend gave me a novel of literary significance which I should read right away but more about that later.
For now it's sleuthing with Maisie and, of course, looking forward to seeing Bradford and hearing about his travels.

No comments: