Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No Need For Feet, Really

The building in which I work my day job is undergoing extensive remodeling.  It's pretty amazing to watch walls come down and rooms appear and doorways open up into areas never before imagined.  However, one of the most amazing sights was a man putting mud on drywall.  This is often, it seems, a really onerous task which involves moving ladders around and getting covered with the paste that covers up drywall seams.  I stopped in my tracks when I saw today's workman doing the drywall dirty work.  He was walking on specially made stilts.  No ladder needed.  And, in fact, not even two legs were needed.  As it works out he had two intact legs but what an amazing display of creative thinking and discarding the need for ladders or even two legs.  You go, guy!

Remodeling guy on stilts!

No comments: