Monday, December 19, 2011

Driving Distracted

Every day driving to and from work on the 210 freeway I twice pass the Miller brewery in Irwindale, California.  Just the thought of all that beer can sometimes be quite distracting.  And on a good day the smell of perhaps yeast can really cause a mind trip.  This morning, though, my distraction had nothing to do with the brewery.  On the other side of the freeway (I was headed east so the sign was on the west side of the freeway but facing east bound drivers) was a billboard about the size of an air craft carrier.  It was three dimensional so that sticking out practically across the west bound lanes and into my face was the key pad of a cell phone.  The message of billboard was 'Don't text while driving!'  Three dimensional with a major misspelling with the sole purpose of warning me to not become distracted while driving.
Okay.

No comments: