Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday Tips For Well Being

Let it be known that I am not a doctor and in no way qualified to give out medical advise.  What I can do, though, is share some interesting tid bits with you.
Today's tid bit is from a magazine I never read before and may never read again.  The magazine is called 'What Doctors Don't Tell You' which is apparently quite a bit.  However, in an article called 'The gain without the pain' we are advised that walking gives us as many if not more benefits than does running.
I'm all for that. 
Here's what I learned.  Walking uses up about the same amount of energy as running.  Walking is as good for our over all health as is running.  Walking is really good for our hearts.  We don't have to be speed walkers to gain health benefits and we don't have to walk all day either.  Thirty minutes broken up into three ten minute walks works as well as thirty solid minutes.
Hmm.  Maybe I will read that magazine again

No comments: