Wednesday, December 2, 2009

All Good Things Must End Apparently

But apparently they don't have to end well. Such is the case with 'The Associate" by John Grisham. I haven't read many of his books but I do recall that those I have read have read well. Not so, here. Well, that's not quite accurate. The fact of the matter is that I couldn't put this book down. From the first page until almost the last page it was a good read. You know the kind of read I'm talking about -- a book that makes a long plane flight seem shorter and smoother and not quite so terrifying. "The Associate" was definitely that kind of a book until fifty or so pages from the last when it definitely began to unravel. By the last page all I felt was a sense of frustration mainly because there was no ending just a gradual eroding until it was gone plot. Had I written a book with this kind of fall apart at the end ending my friends would have called me on it and said stuff like give me a break or what were you thinking. I'm no friend of John Grisham. In fact I've never met him. But, come on, John. What were you thinking?

No comments: