Thursday, March 4, 2010

Counting Cats

It's happening again and again. No sleep! Cats gone wild chasing each other during the wee hours of the mornings - up and down the stairs - scampering across my bed, digging their claws into any exposed body part - growling, hissing, yeowling and screaming at each other. Nobody can sleep. My poor dog looks at me as if to say, "Stop those spoiled brats". I jump out of bed with a spray water bottle spraying them and running throughout the house so they know I mean business. Soon enough I find both of them swinging through the cat door into the garage and under my car as allies - both of them staring at me as though I'm the culprit. I can't believe it! After all the chaos, I crawl back into bed and, of course, no sleep - insomnia sets in - again. I try counting sheep but all I seem to count are cats. I wonderzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: