Saturday, July 25, 2009

Go Ahead. Take Her Challenge.

Take my Challenge

http://yogajesse.wordpress.com/

There is nothing to do. I’ll turn on the television. The cable is out so I think I’ll listen to my ipod. My ipod isn’t working, I’ll play around on the Internet. The Internets connection is messed up, I’ll read a book. And so on, and so on. We have so much stimulation all the time. Why do we need to be entertained constantly? Why can’t we just sit still and be quiet? I challenge you to take time today to just sit without stimulation for five minutes. Without tending to that itch on you knee, or scanning the room for something to look at. Sit in a comfortable spot. Your favorite reading chair, the bed, or the floor. It doesn’t matter. Just try to quiet your mind and focus on being still. I think you’ll find it more challanging than a game of rock band.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trouble with quieting ones self is that it can put you to sleep.