Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Favorite Place in the World


Today I visited my favorite place in the world, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. No matter what time of year it is, there is something beautiful to look at. The roses were overblown from heat and my favorites, the lilacs and cherry blossoms, have been gone for months but the water lilies were at their very best, and the sheer amount of greenery brought joy to my heart. Being in the garden is like entering a different world. It sits in the middle of a relatively grimy part of Brooklyn, but you forget that as soon as you walk through its gates. New Yorkers who habitually shout, shove and hustle can be seen murmuring and strolling instead. Everybody needs a little corner of beauty in their lives. Welcome to mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite - I can only visualize.