Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Her Bridge Is Fixed

Okay.  I get it that I did not create a woman named Amelia Earhart.  She existed long before I wrote my novel But This Is Different.  I did, however, create a fascinating possibility.
And lately it seems that her name is cropping up more than ever before.  I'm thinking its because my novel is stirring the waters of time and history is making room in itself for a woman named Mere who chose to keep a commitment made forty years before But This Is Different begins.
Read the book and decide for yourself.
------------------------------------------------------
This from the St. Joseph, Missouri, News-Press:
REPAIRS COMPLETE ON AMELIA EARHART BRIDGE
ATCHISON, Kan. — Several weeks of complete and partial closings of the Amelia Earhart Bridge in northeast Kansas are over.
The bridge carries U.S. 59 over the Missouri River between Atchison, Kan., and Winthrop, Mo., about 20 miles south of St. Joseph.Heavy flooding on the Missouri closed the bridge for part of the summer. That was followed by a major repair project that began in late September, reducing traffic to a single lane.The work was expected to take until mid-December, but the Kansas Department of Transportation says the project has been completed and all lanes were back open on Tuesday.

No comments: