Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sports Bar Magic

I don't know.  Perhaps it was six big screen televisions playing in front of me with two basketball, one hockey, one football, one tennis, and one golf that I found so captivating.  Perhaps it was six big screen televisions and free wine.   I honestly can't say.  But here's what I can say.  I have never been so captivated by sports before in my life.  Two women tennis players battled it out somewhere.  One seemed pretty incompetent.  She missed returns that I in my wildest dreams might have almost possibly hit back.  And the golfers were in Hawaii which reminded me of the time I was there on a helicopter tour of the island of Kauai realizing how truly easy it is to die.  In the football game all of a sudden a heavy snowfall blanketed the field.  Seriously, I've never seen snowflakes that large.  Two screens for basketball?  Really?  And the final screen was hockey with the expected blood shed.  I  didn't watch that much.  I don't understand hockey.  Maybe, come to think of it, it was the turkey burger cooked so well done it could barely be recognized as food.  Or maybe it was just that once in awhile we (or possibly just I) need to descend into a state of oblivion and completely, completely relax.
Go Jets.

No comments: