Monday, January 31, 2011

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

This just in from 9NEWS.com out of Denver, Colorado:

9NEWS Traffic Reporter Amelia Earhart says drivers on Tuesday morning can expect speeds on the major roadways to be very slow again. Many overpasses and ramps are still icy and slick.

Now this is a Scooby-Doo moment if ever I had one.  My feet are blurred as I skid to a stop, cock my head, look quizzically into the camera and say, "Huh?"

I know we are still having massive employment cut backs and lay offs but I had no idea the position of world famous missing aviatrix was that risky.  I guess she got laid off and had to look for another job.  Not that I think reporting traffic would be any easier than disappearing and staying disappeared.  And what does Amelia Earhart know about traffic in Denver?  And at her age (she must be about a hundred ten by now) should she be running around outside reporting traffic in such inclement weather.  This is troubling on so many different levels.  And those guys who think they found her bones on that South Sea Island are sure in for a surprise.

Not the same Earhart you say?

Oh.  Never mind.

No comments: