Saturday, April 9, 2011

Jet Blueing It Again

So here I am at my own personal Disneyland -- Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York City -- the Jet Blue Terminal.  This trip I moved one up on the frequent traveler evolutionary ladder.  Instead of taking a taxi for, oh, sixty dollars plus tip for a one way ride into the city or from the city back to the airport I took public transportation for about fifteen dollars round trip total.  Coming in I took the E into midtown.  The only thing I would do over is taking it all the way to the World Trade Center Path connection.  I don't know.  I thought getting off at Penn Station would be simpler.  Ha!  Anyway today I took the A from the World Trade Center to Howard Beach and then right to Terminal 5.  So here I am on time.  However, the plane on which I hope to fly to Burbank is not -- on time.  That's okay.  Aside from wanting to get home, I'm good.  I've got high speed Internet and an outlet right in front of me.  I'm already eating the snacks I got for the flight home but that's okay.  What with the money I saved on cab fare I could eat here for about a week.  Here's the problem.  The flight is delayed.  That gives the airline staff time to round up all of the standby passengers and fill the plane.  As of this morning when I printed my boarding pass I had a window seat with the middle seat empty.  I can't see that seat staying empty.  Oh, well.  Not even Jet Blue is perfect.

No comments: