Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mystery of the Vanishing Pots and Pans

I went to the cupboad where I usually keep my pots and pans. I wanted to hard boil an egg. I admit the last time I used my pots and pans was to cook a big Christmas dinner last year, some nine months ago. I'm a microwave junkie -- if I can't fix a meal in five minutes, then I won't cook it - I'll fix something only if it takes five minutes or less. I'm no longer a cook - I did my motherly/wifey duty years ago.

Much to my surprise after opening the cupbord, there wasn't a single pot or pan - only a lid or two. I looked in the lower cupboards. I looked in the upper cupboards. I looked in the pantry. I looked in the oven. I looked in the dishwasher. I even looked in the refrigerator - no such luck! I don't understand how they vanished. Did they develop feet and run off with the spoons? I can't imagine someone coming into my house to help themselves to my pots and pans. It was a cheap set anyway bought solely because they were light weight. I even have nightmares of a pot and pan thief coming into my home stealing my pots and pans. What could be the attraction to my pots and pans? I just don't know their whereabouts. They've simply vanished! Has anyone seen my pots and pans?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your pots and pans have joined all of the socks I've lost in the wash. Sounds like a fun time to me.

Leslie said...

I think they have absconded with the lids to all the tupperware sitting in my cabinets.

Mary I said...

The dirty laundry procreates, and the tuppweware and pots and pans MUST be with my flateware...or the flatware may still be stuck in the ground in my grandmothers backyard!

Mary I said...

Additionally, I can't type or spell tonight either!