Monday, September 29, 2008

Sami or Houdini?

The veterinarian told me I needed to start brushing my animals' teeth. I was successful with my dog since she's been trained. But, the cats? Are you kidding? I tried and tried but their claws and teeth got in the way.

I went back to the vet with one of my cats so she could demonstrate. What a catastrophe! My cat squiggled and squirmed his way off the exam table onto the floor and out the door that was partially ajar and into the back of the hospital where animals are kept in cages. We looked all over for him and finally found him hunched way under one of the cages. He was one mad cat! He hissed and growled and showed his claws. After a lot of coaxing on my part, I was able to grab him and place him back in his carrier but not without a terrible struggle.

End of demonstration! What a melee! Now when I make an appointment for Sami they say,"Oh, you mean the Great Houdini"?

No comments: