Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Rose is a Rose

I know a rose is a rose but, my roses are extra special. In the past, I've employed a gardener to tend to my garden and, in particular, my roses. Well, as luck would have it, this year I didn't hire a gardener. I decided to work the garden myself -- much to my amazement. The roses are blooming now and are bigger and more beautiful than ever -- and -- I owe it to my green thumb which I never knew I had. Not only have I discovered my talent for roses but, I actually realized my hidden ability to draw. Now, everywhere I go, I have a sketch pad and a #2 pencil. I fill in the colors with colored pencils when finished. My sketches actually look like the real objects. In my wildest dreams, I never knew I was such an artist. Hidden talents are wonderful to discover -- another smile to add to my "List of Smiles".

No comments: