Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chocolate Anyone?

My neighbor's little 3 year old girl used to ring my doorbell and ask "Can we watch Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and do you have any chocolate granola bars?" She loved the chocolate river, the everlasting gob stoppers, the Wonka train fueled with chocolate, the golden geese and the umpa lumpas plus much, much more. She would visit with me at least once a week for months. That movie was her favorite and she just had to eat a chocolate granola bar each and every time she watched it. She was so cute and bubbly and so full of energy. Her reaction to the movie was great.

Quite a few years have passed since then. Yes, Jesse, I still have "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" just waiting for you to pay me a visit so we can catch up on old times. You will always be part of my fondest memories.

No comments: