Saturday, August 1, 2009

Words Matter

So there I was yesterday in Friday get out of town fast if you can rush hour traffic stuck behind a car with -- R.I.P. Michael Jackson Your Still #1! -- painted across the entire back window. At first read I thought the painter referred to a still owned by Michael Jackson. I wondered why the boot legging activity of the King of Pop hadn't gotten greater attention. Only on the third read did I realize that the back window was a tribute to Michael Jackson and not a veiled reference to any back yard whiskey making. Had I been able to move into the lane next to the driver of the tribute car, I could have motioned for him to roll down his windows and given him a quick language lesson. Had we been moving any more slowly, I could have jumped out of my car, reached into his, grabbed the paint can, and made the corrections myself. Alas, neither possibility materialized. Eventually, however, the tribute car and I were able to go our separate ways.
And Michael Jackson?
You're Still #1!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most people don't have a handle on the English language but then, what do you expect? We live in a mix of nationalities.