Thursday, February 3, 2011

Must Be Close To Super Bowl Time Again

Here's how I know. Manuel came by and asked for me to pick a square, write my name in the square and pay my five dollars to participate in the super bowl whatever it's called thing where certain squares win certain things depending on the score at the end of every something or other. Pool! I think it's called a pool. At any rate I've never won it but I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that I never even know which teams are playing nor do I ever watch even part of the game. Or I suppose it is possible that I've won it every year and no one has bothered to tell me because I wouldn't know anyway.
Here's also how I know it's close to Super Bowl time again. By the same invisible energy that compels the swallows to return to Capistrano every year, I start thinking of Clydesdales every year at just about this time.

No comments: