Saturday, March 5, 2011

What in the World?

What in the world is getting into people these days? I was sure kindness and generosity had gone by the wayside and that love and understanding were foregone. Our society today has gone through many, many changes from caring to not caring to right back to caring. I have been the recipient of kindness, generosity, caring and loving. I have had some unfortunate circumstances....or....perhaps I should say, fortunate circumstances which has brought to light that all of the above has never been lost --- I'm the one who lost hope and faith, it never lost me. My bestest friends and neighbors know of my plight and the other day presented themselves at my door with two weeks' worth of groceries. I was astounded. Astounded not because I never expected such understanding but, because of the love with which their presence was made. Love has never been lost -- I've been lost. What in the world?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I'm visiting from She Writes. I'm sorry to hear of your recent unfortunate circumstances. It's wonderful to hear that people have rallied round to let you know they care, and to let you know that you are not lost.

Wishing you well,

Helen