Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time To Begin Again

Well, I was going to start my list of resolutions with a promise to only say nice things about people this year, but I was afraid that might be misinterpreted as a vow of silence. So, here’s the rest of the list:
1. Watch more cute and cuddly kitten videos on YouTube (need to start with the more easily attainable one).
2. Eliminate four of my seven email accounts, and start checking my work e-mail... account at least once a month.
3. Gain enough weight to get on “The Biggest Loser” (Note to self: Start buttering my doughnuts).
4. I won’t confuse my New Year's resolutions and my bucket list and do a bunch of stuff I meant to do when I'm old like I did last year.
5. I won’t buy into the hype that New Year's is just a holiday created by calendar companies who don't want you reusing last year's calendar, and I will refuse to start the year off using the commercialized, PC expression, “Happy X-Year.”
6. Stop hanging out with people who are likely to ask me how I’m doing with my list of resolutions.
Happy New Year! You all make it worth the trouble.

No comments: