Monday, January 12, 2009

I Finally Got The Memo

I am convinced that at least in Los Angeles county there are designated days for drivers to do stupid things. Memos, I believe, are sent to selected people declaring a specific day 'Stupid Driver Day'. The hapless recipients of those memos are then mandated to drive unpredictably and stupidly.
Up until last week, there were no designations of what stupid driving meant. Memo recipients could just do whatever they felt like doing as long as it was stupid, irritating, and potentially life threatening.
Last week, however, the memos became more specific. Tuesday was 'Cut Into The Lane To Your Right Day. I watched it happen all the way to work. Twice I was the intended target.
On Wednesday it was 'Run Every Red Light You Can Day'.
On Thursday it was "Get Into The Fast Lane On The Freeway Then Immediately Reduce Your Speed To Thirty-Five Miles Per Hour Day'.
Friday was "Don't Signal For Your Left Turn Until The Other Guy Is Already In The Intersection Day'.
I'd never gotten one of those memos until Friday afternoon. There I was waiting to make a left turn. Just as I started the actual turn I realized that I hadn't given anyone even a hint of my intention. Only as I was actually making the left turn did I flip on my turn signal.
Of course, the person in the car facing me who had just been forced to slam on his brakes flipped me off.
Clearly that person doesn't know about the designated days for stupid driving.
Hopefully I won't be getting any more of those memos.

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Yes, there are a lot of those memos out there - it's just when will you get yours and it appears you got yours in time to avoid an occurrence. I've had days like that myself but I never got the memo but I swear everybody else got theirs.

Great blog - enjoyed it much.