Monday, February 9, 2009

For the Love of Horses

I love rodeos thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law. She showed me how to care for her barrel racing horses. Barrel racing is where rider and horse quickly round a pattern of three barrels placed on a field and the rider and horse race around them to a timer. The fastest time wins the race. These barrel races are part of a rodeo show or can be barrel races only. The winner usually wins a small sum of cash and a belt buckle. My sister-in-law has a big collection of buckles and wears them one at a time with great pride.

The horses are beautiful. They are well kept. They eat a well rounded diet of hay and oats and are exercised daily. There's a lot of upkeep for these horses - but - the main thing you can give them is your undivided time and love. With these two elements, you have a winning horse. Thanks to my sister-in-law, I've grown a deep love for these great creatures and will always be grateful to her for this new found love.

No comments: