1. The shop windows feature sleeveless floral dresses and strappy sandals. Everyone passing on the street looks at them from beneath their woollen hats and earmuffs.
2. Starbucks cupholders are now a zippy light green. Or, maybe that's for St. Patrick's Day.
3. Exhibition baseball started yesterday! Yankees and Mets both won. Dodgers, sadly, lost.
4. I thought I saw one tree with buds on it. However, I was going 60 mph in a bus on the New Jersey Turnpike, so I can't be sure.
5. The supermarkets have matzah stacked on pallets by the doors.
6. The golfers are back, winter jackets and all.
7. Everybody thinks it's colder than it was a month ago, and it's not; we're just worn out.