Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Time Out Of Joint

I work in New York. My boss works in Los Angeles, but he travels a lot. My big boss works in Jerusalem and he travels even more. Big is used as a term of importance, here. Both of them tower over me physically.

Los Angeles is three hours earlier than New York. Jerusalem is six hours later than New York. I have an important meeting tomorrow and I have to talk to the big boss before I attend it. He isn't in Jerusalem. He is flying to Lisbon, arriving at 8:30 p.m. Portuguese time. That's 4:30 p.m. New York time. I called my boss in Los Angeles a while ago to let him know. He was at lunch. Well, of course he was. It was 1:00 p.m. in California.

Next week, the two of them and my colleague, who is usually in the office next door to me, are flying to Budapest for a conference. It will be a relief to have them all in the same time zone, even if said time zone is 5 hours ahead of me.

Oops, it's 8:43 p.m. in Lisbon. Gotta go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just hearing about your schedules makes my head spin. Carry on, though.

Anonymous said...

I thought my schedule was tiring - not any more - whew.