Sunday, March 1, 2009

Walking It Off - Day One - The Habit

Today's the day.
I expanded the scope of my project a little bit by adding two fairly minor activities as part of the larger and primary goal of improving my over all health.
I plan to do each of these activities daily for the next 21 days.

1. Walk for 20 minutes.
2. Consume 1 teaspoon of ground flax seed.
3. Drink a cup of green tea.

The logic of walking twenty minutes a day probably needs no explanation. Indications are that both flax seed and green tea have a lot of positive health benefits to offer and I'll write more about these benefits as the days roll by.
Walking to the lunch room at work or to the mail box from my front door will not count toward my twenty minute goal. I can, however, break the twenty minutes down into two ten minute sections. I've loaded music for both time sets into my ipod. I have ground flax seed and green tea in my pantry. I'm ready.
These activities right now sound pretty simple.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: