Thursday, November 6, 2008

Escapee

I have three cats that were inside/outside animals all their lives until about three years ago when I discovered we not only had coyotes for neighbors but we also had bobcats and mountain lions. I discovered a bobcat near my back yard who I mistakenly thought was one of my cats (his markings are almost identical to that of a bobcats except his coloring is deeper). When I realized my mistake and with the help of a human neighbor, I quickly tried to round up my kitties. We were successful except for one who ran and jumped up on the roof. My neighbor followed him over the back side of my roof to the front of the house successfully capturing the little bugger. Now, every once in a while, one will escape out the front door where sometimes visitors are careless and don't close the door all the way behind them. One such event happened last week. The guilty escapee now does every trick he can to get my attention so I will let him out. He has nudged me, butted heads with me, bitten my toes, rubs in and out of my legs - why he has even marked me and mind you, he has been neutered. Oh well, give him another week or so and he will settle in once again. He's definitely my wild one and a good potential escapee and most importantly, I adore him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are a lot like cats. We just keep going after that which will kill us.